Stumbles when Sprayed.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stumbles when Sprayed.
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:37:32 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have an engine condition in my 1500 Midget that seems strange to me.  I was
spraying carb cleaner around the carb checking for leaks--understanding that
if the engine increases in rpm when the gaskets around the base of the carb (a
Weber) are sprayed then there is an air leak that needs to be addressed.

Nothing there--there seemed to be no air leak.  However I sprayed the rear
upper corner ofthe exhaust manifold and that caused the engine to stumble and
pull down drastically.  Any ideas what would cause the engine to stumble when
the exhaust manifold gasket is sprayed?  It seems the spray would have little
or no effect if the EXHAUST manifold were leaking.

David