Re: DCOE v SU, was Re: 1.5" SUs

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: DCOE v SU, was Re: 1.5" SUs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 21:05:28 -0500
Cc: ridleymj@bis.on.ca, autox@earthlink.net, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> Comments welcome

1.75 SU vs 45 DCOE Weber.

I have both carbs. But not on the same state of tune 1275s.
I can tell you that a 1.75 SU is far superior to a down draft Weber.
But as for the same state of tune 1275s, I have a buddy running a Mini
1275 about the same as my (old) bugeye 1275. He runs a 1.75 SU
I run a 45 DCOE. Both cars are about equal in pick up and top end.
The DCOE sounds better than the SU but the SU gets much better mileage.
About 5 MPG more.
Eventually I will try the 1.75 in place of my DCOE and will report first
hand any differences on the same engine.
The Mini owner used to run a DCOE but now he is strickly SU.

My observations
Frank (DCOE for now)