kingpin thrustwasher dimension.

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: kingpin thrustwasher dimension.
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:41:52 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry to bomb the list but I need to communicate with someone who knows
Spridget kingpins real well.

Apparently the PO of my '62MKII replaced the kingpin thrust washers with
ones that are way too thick and the trunnion link/cap sits way too high. So
when the upper nut is tightened down (just enough to get the cotter pin
through) too much pressure is being put on the lower grease seal because the
lip in the trunnion link/cap is not resting on the upper shoulder of the
kingpin, where the shims are.

Does anyone have any idea what the thickness of the thrust washer should be?

Cheers,
-Andrew