Re: kingpin thrustwasher dimension.

To: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: kingpin thrustwasher dimension.
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:41:11 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Andy,
        Have a new thrust washer from DISC brake king pin set 4.0mm or .155". At
this moment I can't verify if DRUM brake is same dimension. Part number for
drum brake is 2A4006. I can't find number for disc brake. Hope its not
confusing.
Peter C
-----------------------
At 03:41 PM 11/11/98 -0800, Andrew Griffith wrote:
>Sorry to bomb the list but I need to communicate with someone who knows
>Spridget kingpins real well.
>
>Apparently the PO of my '62MKII replaced the kingpin thrust washers with
>ones that are way too thick and the trunnion link/cap sits way too high. So
>when the upper nut is tightened down (just enough to get the cotter pin
>through) too much pressure is being put on the lower grease seal because the
>lip in the trunnion link/cap is not resting on the upper shoulder of the
>kingpin, where the shims are.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the thickness of the thrust washer should be?
>
>Cheers,
>-Andrew

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999