Another tachometer question.

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another tachometer question.
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:30:04 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello again,
Thanks for your good replies & offers regarding a replacement tach for my
car, but I've got one more question...

Does anyone know how a factory Spridget tach is wired in? Specifically,
where is the "Loop" is wired to? I assume one side is grounded and the other
goes to the negative side of the coil.

As you can read below, my mechanical tach was poorly converted (when the
toyota engine was installed) to electric and was wired in the same way most
after-market tachs are, using four wires: grnd, +12(tach), +12(lights) and
the negative side of the coil.

So how would I wire in an original Spridget tach that has been converted to
negative ground?
Thanks,

-Drew