Re: Paint for Steel Wheels

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: Paint for Steel Wheels
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 15:01:24 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
George,
     At the great risk of being anal, I could use the paint code.  The
restoration
shop that did my bodywork is going to paint the wheels and pillars due to the
failure of the powder coater to do a satisfactory job.  It seems you can't
powder
coat the pillars to look as good as paint because it gasses out and bubbles the
powder coat.  He had a real problem with the wheels also, he tried to coat them
several times, but could not get an even coat where the hub met the rim.
    Mike MacLean-60 Sprite