RE: The Avengermobile

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: The Avengermobile
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:52:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Curtis -

Somebody's confused (maybe me).  The only "Avengers" program I know of had
lead characters of John Steed (Patrick somebodyorother in tweed and a
bowler) and Emma Peel (Diana Rigg in a black catsuit, oooh).  Two British
spys who participated in a sort of "Mission Impossible" arrangement, but
with far more class.

Steed's steed was a Bentley.  Emma peeled out in an E-type Jag (I think,
she wasn't shown driving that often).  Her husband (a Vietnam MIA, seen
only briefly in the final episode in which the Emma Peel character
appeared), drove a TD.  Emma's character was replaced by Tara King, who was
played by a typical 70's British blonde.

I don't recall ever seeing a 3 wheeler in the show, tandem seated or
otherwise

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net.