RE: The Avengermobile

To: "'Curtis Carlson'" <carlson@navtech.com>, "pigasus@socialnet.com" <pigasus@socialnet.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "markj@telcontar.com" <markj@telcontar.com>
Subject: RE: The Avengermobile
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:52:01 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If by tandem-seated you mean fore-and-aft like in a fighter plane it was
probably a Messerschmitt (sp?) K-something-or-other. There were some other
three wheelers with this configuration but they are much rarer. I actually
saw one of these on the street in Dublin when I was about 12. I thought it
was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen. Not really an LBC, I think most of
the tiny three-wheelers came from Germany, but there were a few British
makes. Most are side-by-side like a "normal" car. The Isetta (also German)
is, I think, the most common of these.  The last issue of Sports and
Classics has a rather unique French three-wheeler in it, BTW.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget