Re: Radiator Stuff

To: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator Stuff
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:45:32 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You're right on, Pete.  With "mal-distribution" as you described the
effective area of the core is diminished and its as if you installed a
smaller radiator.  What will also happen in what you've described is that
the system backpressure will increase (more flow thru less area) and the
overall system flow will diminish.  The point I was trying to make is that
neither concept is inherently better than the other.  Specific designs of a
particular type will be better than others.

Don't try to do too much this weekend - you might accidently end up with
the Corvette engine in the Sprite, the 1275 in the bathroom, and a new
linoleum floor in the 'Vette.