Re: Way Off-Topic -- passive solar heating

To: "Richard D Arnold" <richard.arnold@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Way Off-Topic -- passive solar heating
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:30:35 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
No problem.  In all our thermal models we have "q_solar", which is the
solar load on various day types.  At altitude in an aircraft q_solar is
significant, and is most felt in the cockpit because of the glass.  It is a
little trickier with an air exchange like in an airplane, but pretty
straightforward in a closed car.  There are variables, but I think I can
get you a good method / answer tomorrow if I have a few minutes.  Neat
problem.  Just the sort of stuff to distract a whole staff of
themodynamicists for a while.