Re: Brake lines from Classic Tube

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake lines from Classic Tube
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:10:01 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had a set of brake lines and fuel lines made up about 2 years ago for my
'59.  Classic was very helpful.  I sent the original lines, as they did not
have sets made up yet, and the new set came back spot on.  Only a couple of
problems; one was their fault one mine.  The pieces to the rear drums had the
incorrect fittings (later model or SAE).  The 2nd problem was, the PO had
redone the rears and had them routed incorrectly which I did not notice.  I
sent the parts back with some stiff wire as a template for the correct pattern
and received new lines shortly thereafter.
They even got the fuel pump supply line coiled correctly.  Yes, that's the way
it was originally, and yes I will keep an eye on it for signs of cracking.
All lines are stainless and I sprayed them with clear acrylic.  So far no
problems.
I have kept my original pipes for patterns; anyone is welcome to use them.
Regards,
Dave
p.s.  No interest in the Classic Tubes; just a customer.