Re: Wind tunnel access

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wind tunnel access
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:47:43 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you do decide to use scale models and a home built tunnel,
there are a couple of important things to take care of.

1) Reynolds Number (size, density, airspeed, viscosity all combine
     to make a scale model act the same (aerodynamically) as the full
     size.

2) "straightness" of the air. Baffles and honeycomb (in-line) are used to
    reduce the turbulence and vorticity of the air.

If you want to be *really* fancy, you could include a rolling road as part
of the tunnel.

Of course if you just want a faster sprite, why not buy the sebring coupe
replica kit from Brian Archer. It's aerodynamics would be a lot better
than stock and it is a purdy little thing.

Mike