RE: Off Subject, Rotary

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Off Subject, Rotary
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:42:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I seen one Midget with this transformation and spoken with one owner who
was going through the process.  They were apparently ungodly fast, but
were real PTAs to create.  The one owner that I spoke to said he would
never do it again and the only reason he finished it was that he already
had too much money and time invested to let the car sit unfinished.  It
may look easy, but it is not.  First getting everything bolted in is one
big job.  Second, the diff cannot handle the extra power and therefore
you MUST replace the rear axle assembly with something more substantial
(the owner had trashed 3 diffs within 2 months before finally paying
gobs of change to cut down an American car's rear axle to fit).  If you
are looking to create an E-mod car, maybe some of the 2 cycle snowmobile
engines are something to take a look at...  High HP and very, very low
weight = winning engines in current A-mod field.

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org