RE: Off Subject, Rotary

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Off Subject, Rotary
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:47:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hmmm....  Glutton you are!  I've often considered doing some engine
swaps, but when faced with all the typical problems associated with them
I've chickened out every time.  I've always thought that a Porsche 944S
really needed one of those Ford SHO Yamaha V6 motors, my Dad has a SHO
and the motor never ceases to amaze me.  However the handling and build
quality of the Taurus never amaze me.  The exact opposite on the 944,
fantastic handling with great potential, but really gutless (Turbos are
another story, but can be ghastly expensive to maintain).  What a combo
those two would make!

I don't think for handlings sake that I would want a Ford 9" at the rear
of my Sprite.  Just think about all that unsprung weight just hanging
out there on those wimpy little 1/4 elliptic springs.  I'm just guessing
here, but I bet it would be 75-100% increase in unsprung weight...8{))

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org