Re: copper vs. steel

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: copper vs. steel
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:27:08 -0800
Cc: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>

>> Let's try to stick to EXPERIENCE.  No more opinions.  What do you have,
how
>> did you like installing them, and how are they holding up.  Did you have
any
>> particular problems with them.

I bought steel in 5 ft lengths at the local Advance Auto store.  I borrowed
a friend's bubble or double flare tool reused the old fittings (they were
fine) and all came out well.  Used a loaner car's pipes as a pattern (my
car's were not run in the right way -- they actually came in front of the
heater box!?!)  Made the bends using my two thumbs except for the coil in
the line going down to the slave cylinder.  I used a 2 inch pipe for that.
I am happy with the results and the cost was about $15.

Jeff Church