Re: Off Subject, Rotary...how about MOTORCYCLE?

To: JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Off Subject, Rotary...how about MOTORCYCLE?
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:19:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jackson,

Friend of mine is doing a D sports racer with a 1100cc ZX Kawasaki
Engine.  We toyed with the idea of slipping it into the midget.

Ratios aren't too far off,  Fits under the hood with minor mods..we
measured the engine with the car nearby,

Easy 140HP.  10,000 RPM redline, 6 speed sequential gearbox (no reverse),
Less than 120 lbs all up including radiator generator and transmission,
enough generator to run the car 90 % of the time.

-You could do simple plate motor mounts
-custom make a driveshaft (probably want CV joints as there would be a
slight angle from engine output to differential)Check out a legends car
to see how easy it would be to attach, they weld a yoke to a sprocket and
bolt it up.
-weld up some form of exhaust (probably take a header and slice and
dice..how about a side pipe?)
-Shifter could be push pull aircraft cable or similar (Pretend like you
are in a touring car...slap forward to downshift pull back to upshift..no
clutch on the way up!)
-Probably have to slip the clutch to get it moving...torque does not
really come in until 4000rpm.  But the clutch should take it as you can
get a drag bike/Formula USA 10 plate clutch for it.
-fan for the radiator (use the bikes or the sprites, bikes is probably
better)
-oilcooler to extend the life

What do you think?

Ric