Re: Not LBC...but BC...

To: VolksPEZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: Not LBC...but BC...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:50:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
VolksPEZ@aol.com wrote:

> Ok...its not a little british car...but it is british...I have the opportunity
> to pick up a 73 XJ6 for next to nothing (under $200)...
...so....what would you do????

I did the same thing a few years ago except I picked up an 87 series
III.
I loved the car, nice ride, fast but not off the line.
The electrics are a nightmare but if you can rewire a Sprite, the jag is
just about the same only much more of it.
Mine had numerous wiring problems, (they all do) but a test light, box
of fuses, clean existing fuses, and look for that wire that unclips and
gets cut by the trunk hinge, and in a few nights, you will have a nice
car.
As long as the tranny is in good shape, the rest is typical BBC (big
british car).
Rust and trannys are their worst enemy. The trannys are old Ford
borg-warners circa 1966 but GM turbo 400s bolt in with an adapter kit
readily available.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ