1974 Midget Progress Report and Yeehaws!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1974 Midget Progress Report and Yeehaws!
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:59:56 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Firstly, thanks for the recent thread on shocks and topping up of oil.  I
remember following this several times before, but it seems I never get it
to sink in unless I am planning on doing the procedure myself.  Looking to
top up this weekend, so thanks again.

Now to the progress report.  As my car is now going to be a daily commuter,
I decided to take it to a mechanic to have a quick look see at some things
I thought might be a problem.  Arioch was pronounced to be in pretty good
health in terms of my concerns so I'm happy there.

Also happy about my new gas tank.  I can drive top up now without passing
out from the fumes.  Don't smell 'em at all now.  'Course I only drove top
up the one day to check out the fumes...then the top came back down.  The
40 degree temp today was exhilerating.  :)

Also got the top fitted correctly.  Man, had I loused that up.  Fits nice
now except for some holes in the brand spanking new top where I put screws
through in error.  What a dope.  Anyway, can I seal these with some black
rubber goop?  They are along the front hood frame so won't leak as bad as
if they were in the middle of the top, but I think I ought to take some
precautions.

Also got my u-joints replaced as that annoying clunk came back a week or so
ago.  Decided it couldn't hurt in any case.  Yet to hear the clunk again,
but will continue to monitor.

Now for the Yeeeehawwwww!

Been driving around town here in KC with the top down.  What weather!  What
a car!!  I'm keeping the top down as long as I can stand it.  Just love the
wind against my face, the sensation of be in the world - not isolated from
it, the visibility.  :)

Hoping you're all having as much fun in your cars as I am.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos