Topping up dashpots, shocks, MC's, etc....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Topping up dashpots, shocks, MC's, etc....
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D Arnold)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 06:18:53 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Use a disposable medical syringe!

I use one of these for my dashpot connected to a short length of tubing,
and am now going to pick up a few extra so that I can use a separate one
for each type of fluid.  I got mine from my friendly pharmacist; they
give the graduated ones away free (sans needles) for use with liquid
children's medication (any parent on the list will understand and
appreciate the beauty of these).

Another lister once suggested the use of a spare turkey basters for
performing this function.  I note that in the UK, turkey basters are
often put to ingenious and unexpected uses, particularly when combined
with a mayonnaise jar.

Rich