rear brake shoes/springs - help

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rear brake shoes/springs - help
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:12:25 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Please help me get out of this nightmare.

When installing new shows in the rear brakes, must I assemble
the shoes and springs BEFORE I offer the system to the
backplate or can I put the return springs in later? (HOW?)

Are the springs always parallel, cause if they are not
then one of them will chafe against the wheel hub. Is this OK?
(don't think so, but, I let myself be surprised...)

If there is only one single action wheel cylinder on the
backplate how on Earth is the "other" shoe ever pushed
towards the drum? (The one not pushed directly by the
cylinder piston)

Thank you very much

Evangelos