Re: attempting first restart after 13 years

To: "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@mhv.net>
Subject: Re: attempting first restart after 13 years
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:15:58 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dan

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbs. This will keep what ever junk
is in the tank from getting into the carbs.
Fill the float bowls with fresh gas.
Prime the oil pump, remove the large banjo bolt from the oil pipe above
the oil pressure line (or the oil cooler hose from the same spot)
Pour a few ounces of oil down the block to prime the oil pump. It
doesn't take much, maybe an ounce or so. Replace the banjo bolt or hose,
Crank it up, check for spark, have a fire extinquisher handy.

Good luck.
Frank

--
Frank Clarici