Re: Concrete Floors

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Concrete Floors
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:40:43 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Dec 24,  6:50am, Richard D Arnold wrote:
> I wanted to ask the list's advice on how to best protect the floor
from
> stains, etc, and keep it easy to clean.  I was considering sealing the
> floor with a commercially available sealant such as Thompson's, or the
> like.  Has anyone used anything like this, and what were the results?
>
>-- End of excerpt from Richard D Arnold

Rich:

A quick call to the shop of any of your local airlines or charter
aircraft companies and they will tell you what they put on the floors of
their hangars.  My brother-in-law sealed the floor of his garage (two
'63 Jag E-type convertibles, 1 Jeep Cherokee, 1 Ford Taurus) with some
of this "hangar sealant" stuff and says it wears like IRON, is smooth,
easy to clean, and doesn't stain.  EVER!  I don't know what it's called,
but I know that all of the maintenance hangars for Northwest Airlines
have this stuff on.  (I have a friend who's an aircraft mechanic).

Hope this helps.....congratulations,  I'm envious.

Curt (1 single-stall detached, ca. 1942, unheated, uninsulated, unwired,
garage)

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")