Re: Concrete Floors

To: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Concrete Floors
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:09:20 -0500
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Richard D Arnold wrote:

> I wanted to ask the list's advice on how to best protect the floor from
> stains, etc, and keep it easy to clean.

The only problem with a nice clean big usefull garage is that you will
fill it up with old, dead, greasy, rusty cars and parts. I know!
For the floor, a 2 part epoxy paint/sealant is costly but worth the time
and money. Only problem is if you are like me and spray parts or cars in
the garage, the floor gets multi colored very quickly.
For this reason I use a good oil base concrete paint (it comes in just
about any shade of battleship gray) I just roll the floor every couple
of years.
If it will be a "show" garage, epoxy it, if it will be a working garage,
paint it. Re painting every few years gives it a nice fresh look at
about 1/10th the cost of epoxy.

That's my opinion and yes, I started with epoxy only to paint over it
when it got shabby looking.

Frank Clarici