Rear End Question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear End Question
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 10:05:15 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Merry Xmas Fellow Listers!

I've been off the list for a while, but I've begun banging on my 65 Midget in
earnest now, so here come some questions.  I've got the rear end out and
stripped, but now I need the axles out so I can checkout the diff, replace
bearings, etc.  I rented one of those slide hammer hub pullers from a local
place, but of course it's sized for bigger iron and won't fit on the bolt
pattern for my little disc wheels.  What's the approved solution-- trash a
brake drum by bolting it on backwards and hammering away?

TIA

Larry

'72 MGB
'65 Midget