Re: Lurkers

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lurkers
From: DRDohm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:29:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, My name is Don, and (gasp) I'm a lurker.
 (All together now) Hi Don.

 I have a 1972 Midget that my father bought brand spankin' new in 1971. When I
was 16, this was my car, and as a 16 year old is wont to do, I drove it into
the ground. My grandfather took it, rebuilt it, and returned it to the
rightfull owner. It moved with my parents to Atlanta, then Greenville S.C. But
alas, it can not go with them on their next move, ironicly, England. So at the
age of 31 (me, not the car) I have pre-inherited this car. (along with my dads
50's baseball card collection). I have allways wanted this car, Now I have it.
NOW WHAT?
Actually, its not that bad. I have allready replaced the brakes, and fuel
pump. I am lucky to have the former MG dealer, now a parts store, right up the
road.  I am willing to try to fix anything. The problem is I like to know
EXCACTLY what I'm doing.... That being said. I will be asking a LOT of
questions. Probably really basic questions. So please be paitient.

Now, there is this MGC GT around the corner in some lady's back yard, rusting
to death. If I can just talk my wife into.....

Don
72 Midget.