British Pipe thread.......

To: MG List <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: British Pipe thread.......
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:52:22 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Some questions for the List regarding the 1500 Midget.....

I understand that the threads for the low-oil pressure switch are BSP
(British Standard Pipe?).  I'd like to retain the the switch and
light, but also plumb in an actual oil pressure guage. Has anyone put
a tee in the line to allow this?  If so, where did you find the
fittings in the correct thread?  What nominal size are the threads for
the oil pressure switch?  What's the oil-fitting on the dual guage
used on earlier models?  And where else are the British pipe threads
used on a Midget (water temp sensor??)?  The answer to any of these
questions will be appreciated....

Thanx --

Mike D.