Re: 66 Sprite For Sale

To: Greg Mahney <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Subject: Re: 66 Sprite For Sale
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:40:01 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Greg Mahney wrote:

> (I have no idea if
> there are any legal implications to this - our resident attorney at large
> may be able to comment!  :-)  )

 Well, since I resemble that remark, I guess I 'll reply ;-)

    Those of us in here in the Colonies are familiar with every organization it
seems under the sun raffling off tickets for some sort of vehicle, they seem to
be usually 60's corvettes, and they seem to be raffled off  by fire
departments.  I guess they have a lot of spare time to work on them at the fire
house.

    These sort of raffles are legal, you just have to double check the state's
laws where you plan on carrying it out, and see if there are any special rules
regarding raffling organizations, etc.  Sounds like a good way to get rid of a
car.  I'd be willing to put some money on this kind of raffle, from a vehicle
from someone on the list.

Steve.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."