Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?

To: Guy <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:52:20 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Guy wrote:

> As I understand it the Datsun conversion that is so popular in the USA is
> pretty straightforward and dosn't need bodywork mods. Is that right ?
> Datsuns were sold in the UK as Nissans, and I am trying to find out

Guy

Only some minor denting of the metal under the heater box is needed for
the Datsun box. (This can be avoided if you install tranny first, then
engine)
The Datsuns/Nissans were small econoboxes, wagons and/or 2 door hatch
backs. Sold in the USA as a 210. Rear wheel drive.
I have no idea what it was sold as in the UK.
It seems most 10 year or older Jap cars all turned to rust so it is hard
to find one. The model years are 79-81, they came with 4 speeds, 5
speeds, and automatics.

Happy hunting

--
Frank Clarici