Re: Winter Driving

To: Valentine <valntine@mail.ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Driving
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:40:43 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Valentine wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I had the 74 Midget out for a spin last night, 2, 8 inch cinder blocks
> in the trunk and the little car goes like the dickens in the snow!!  The
> temp was about +15F and the roads were covered with snow,  it only slid
> when I wanted it to.....
>
> Who said these cars are no good in snow?

I said that! A big a$$ toolbox and some cinderblocks in the trunk, fairly
new Michelins 145-13.  Absolutely zero traction.  No brakes. I did not
dare to go up or down any of the frequent inclines around here.  Went
round'n'round little neighborhood traffic circles totally sideways - at
0.5 mph!!!  Even pedestrians thought it was funny.

> They sure are fun!!  And yes
> Frank, I had the top down.

Gulp, I had my hardtop on...  :-(

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9