GT, GTO, Convertibles and such

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: GT, GTO, Convertibles and such
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:32:45 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

Since we have had this thread going on "terms" thought you might like this
quote from Randall Jarrell in a 1957 article.
--------------------------------------
" About sports cars even a lot of learning goes a little way.  You must learn
--- well, more than most people would ever want to learn.  You must learn not
to confuse Nash-Healey with Frazer-Nash, and Austin Healey, an Aston Martin.
Don't mix up Delahayes, Delages, De Dions---a De Dion isn't even a car any
more but a kind of rear axle, and you need to know what kind.  As for Farinas;
Pinin is the best contemporary car-designer, Nino is the racing-driver and
Stabilimento isn't a man but an establishment---it makes bodies.  You mustn't
confuse initials: TC's, TD's and TF's are different---words can't express how
different---MG's; these have nothing to do with AC's, nor with HRG's, nor with
BMW's---Frazer-Nash once were British BMW's, and EMW's are Soviet Zone BMW's
and  .  .  .  but surely you don't want me togo on."

Gone camping, be back Sunday night.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)