RE: GTO...NO LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GTO...NO LBC
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:03:21 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Ferrari also did things that would seem odd, like calling a type the
>"250GT" (the number is the volume of one cylinder in cc's)

Reminds me of a couple other stories:

The NOVI (Andy Granitelli, right?) that was raced at Indy got it's name
because it was built in building number 6 (No. VI)

And Shelby's Mustang needed a name, so he asked some guy "how far away do
you think that building is?" the guy said "oh, about 350 feet", so Carrol
says "fine, GT350, that's what we'll call it!".  Why the GT...dunno.  Seems
it's just one of those overused car terms.

CTP

ps - I once owned a 1974 Toyota Celica.  If you ever see a Toyota from that
era, and it says GT on the side...it means it has the 5 speed.  2 door
Celica...some Grand Tourer eh?