Re: Carpet Kits

To: "Christopher Palmer" <ctp@gbn.org>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet Kits
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:18:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The only other thing I would say if you are carpeting your Spridget
> 'kitless', is to save your little 'S' shaped pieces of carpet from right
> behind the seats, and use them as patterns for your replacements.  When I
> got my kit, I looked at those and wondered "how the heck are those gonna
> work?"...but they went right on and fit perfectly.  They'd be really
tough
> to redesign yourself.  (of course, save all your old carpet as a
> pattern...it's just that those 'S' shaped pieces are the trickiest)

If you want to make your own carpets from flat material, you can use sheets
of paper to make a template.  Just tape them together as you go and make
them fit the surface you want to cover.  Then use the template to lay out
the piece on the flat carpet.  Just make sure you trace the proper side of
the template onto the carpet.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain