Re: Fiberglass Floorboards

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:24:41 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Some while back there was a thread on using some sort of product that I
think is used industrially for the floors of wagon trailers (lorries /
trucks etc)  Sounded like a liquid paint or pour on product tht then
solidified to a thickness of 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Anyone remember?  I meant to
ask my usual question at the time  -- what is it called in the UK !

This sounds far better than fibreglass for stiffening and sound proofing the
floor.  I am not at all convinced of using fibreglass for structural
repairs.  Far, far, better to weld in a new floor panel.  And if you can't
weld, then do all the cutting out and preparation work first, put the car on
a trailer and take it to someone who will seam weld in a new floor in an
hour or so.  (or get one of the mobile welding guys to call at your house)

Guy