Re: RUST

To: valntine@mail.ptd.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RUST
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D Arnold)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:42:17 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Kevin:

Aren't you sorry you brought this one up?

Just a few more questions, then I'll be quiet (unless I think of more, of
course):

     * What are you using as a current supply?

     * Does the amount of current used (volts/amps) have an effect on the
efficiency of the process?

     * Is the size of the piece being cleaned or the amount of solution
being used considered when setting the current?  (ie, bigger = more
current?)

     * Does the size of the iron or stainless steel piece bear a
relationship to the piece being cleaned?  (ie, the bigger the part being
cleaned, the bigger the iron or stainless steel piece should be)

I could use the big honking battery charger/booster I have (up to 60 amps
@ 12 volts), but seems to me that it might make more sense to use that
cheapie trickle charger I have stuffed in the closet (2 amps @ 12 volts).
 Or, since somewhere in my junk drawer (we all have one of those, you
know) I have an old AC to DC converter (800 milliamps @ 9 volts, I
think), could it be used if I place a set of clamps on the wires?

Wonder what would happen if the neighbor's car fell in......  Hmmmmmm.
Multiple uses.

Rich