Where was that number?

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Where was that number?
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:55:16 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Mike Maclean wrote:

> Scott,
> This is the first time I've heard of the number being in that location.  I
>have a 60
> Bugeye and my body number is on the adjacent surface above and to the outside
>of the
> blanking
> plate underneath all those wiring harness connectors.
> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
>
> Scott & Glenda Meyers wrote:
> > I have a 1960 Bugeye, and there is a number stamped into the firewall very
>near
> > where the wiring harness comes out (right side of car).

OK - I went to actually look for this mysterious number.

The plate with the body number is on the firewall (anl5/22299), but there is
another
number stamped into the metal panel running away from the firewall (actuall the
top of
the footwell), also on the right side of the car, about three inches away from
the
firewall right under the wiring harness as it comes through the firewall.

That number is 21714, in rather a large size. Anyone know what that number is
for?

Scott Meyers
1960 Bugeye 1275
LHD