Re: fuel tank cleaner

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, samesq@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: fuel tank cleaner
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:50:56 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I would recommend some extreme caution if you try this.  I had a friend who
was a very good Porsche mechanic.  He saw another mechanic working on a fuel
tank.  The guy ran water thru the tank for several hours, then touched his
torch to the tank.  He was blown across the shop, and I don't think they ever
found the tank.

There are products that you should use to neutralize the flammable fumes
before heating a fuel tank.  (Or wear a Kevlar suit.)

Just don't want to lose a lister!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)

In a message dated 1/19/99 5:43:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,