fuel tank cleaning- follow up

To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel tank cleaning- follow up
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:51:18 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks all for the many repsonses,

I've determined to take it and have it boiled out.  the reasons for this
are:

1.    Dont' really have the time or space to try to clean myself, and
disposal of any offending fluids is a problem.

    2.    Can't do Frank's boil out method.  I don't have a gas grill,
and the wife has absolutely forbidden me to use the Weber.  (something
about what happended when I tried to paint-bake parts in the oven, and
using her turkey baster to siphon brake fluid out of the MC).

    3.    Fury gas tanks are significantly bigger and harder to "swoosh"
than a Spridget tank.

    We may complain about the usual parts suppliers suspects, but I for
one am glad I can have a new fuel tank for a '66 Sprite delivered to my
door in two days.  Try finding a new (or even used) fuel tank or sender
for a '63 Fury.  Need some NOS taillights? No problem, $250 a pair!
Believe me, we have it good!