Re: A funny rain story

To: "Mark Snowdon" <racer45@bellsouth.net>, "Karl Shultz" <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: A funny rain story
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:25:15 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 1/24/99 3:16 PM so and so (Mark Snowdon) said. (And I quote:)

>Karl Shultz wrote:
>>
>> Last night I had my all-time, inexplicable "Lucas freakshow," and
>> thought you guys would appreciate this.
>>
>> I'd been out in my '73 B pretty much all day, as the weather was an
>> uncharacteristically nice 70 degrees here in North Carolina yesterday.
>> The car has the original horns, and the high-note horn did not
>> work...this will become important later.
>>
>> Finally at about 8PM, it started to rain...then it started to really
>> pour.  So I pulled into the next gas station and put the top back up,
>> without getting *too* wet.  So I'm driving the last ten or so miles
>> home, and...the horn starts blowing!  Both of them!  I pulled the horn
>> button off the steering wheel...no luck.  It just kept on, basically
>> until I got about a mile from my apartment, and it stopped.  And this
>> morning, I went outside to check and see if the horn worked at all...and
>> both of them work now.  No loose connections...nothing.
>>
>> I've had cars in the past that would develop strange noises, and then
>> the noise would just disappear, never to be heard again.  But I've never
>> had a Lucas problem "fix itself" until last night.
>>
>> --
>> Karl Shultz   ||   karl.shultz@ibm.net
>> --------------------------------------
>> Visit the Tarheel Sports Car Club Website
>> http://www.thscc.com
>> --------------------------------------
Wait til it dries out before you get too excited.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?