Re: New Smiths Guages

To: L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Smiths Guages
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:26:17 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/24/99 9:04:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au writes:

<< On the subject of gauges, my '62 Sprite has a tacho that couldn't be
 original (I come to this conclusion from the Japanese sounding brand name
 that it sports) which hasn't worked since I've had her - the wiring behind
 is a mess.  Did all the Sprites come with a tacho as standard?  Did the
 face change with different years?

 I don't think the wing mirror is original either (I come to this conclusion
 based on having seen the same mirror at Supercheap Auto) - it's a
 rectangular job. >>

Greetings LeighAnne,
The tach on the AN6 MKII looked the same as the bugeye except the ignition
indicator lense is a faceted blue lens and not the translucent red dot on the
bugeye.  Officially the tachometer is listed as an option for the sprites but
realistically very few were shipped without one.  As for the wing mirror,
looks like its a modern add on.

george Marinos
Sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj