Re: Having the car painted

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: adrian@icx.net
Subject: Re: Having the car painted
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:57:56 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian,
You are going to have to be careful installing the engine and tranny whether
you do it now or later. Send the car off to the body shop w/o the nugget in
there and you have one less "thing" susceptible to overspray. Make sure that
they understand that the engine still needs to be masked, unless you don't care
about overspray in the engine bay.

I have never damaged a car pulling or installing an engine and tranny in a
"good" engine bay.

Bear in mind however, that installation is akin to threading a needle.

I have always wanted to know how they slapped these babys together on the
production line. (Oh! That comment brings to mind an old Far Side cartoon.)

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S