1960 Bugeye for Sale

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1960 Bugeye for Sale
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 17:27:41 -0700
Cc: "Robert G(Z55765) Kershaw" <RKERSHAW@apsc.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
--------------CE24EDD8A904CAA9C6C61FA1

This is a tough decision, but a necessary one. Some of you may
understand.

The car described below is better than most, but definitely not
concourse.

It is a very good performance vehicle exactly as described. It is
very clean and straight.

The only immediate need is that (for my wife, not me) it
sometimes slips out of second gear, and it scrapes some going
into second and third. The transmission makes no noise, and I am
told this is an easy fix. There is the spare transmission
included   :-)

--------------CE24EDD8A904CAA9C6C61FA1

                                1960 Bugeye Sprite for Sale (White)

Phoenix Arizona area - been here since new (no rust!). It is street licensed
Healthy fresh 1275 (just rebuilt), .020 over shallow dish pistons, new Elgin
cam & lifters, with ribcase transmission.

Also comes with:

**Custom single axle trailer that tilts for on/off (less than 2 years old)**
Tilton aluminum flywheel, new  Mini Mania race clutch and disc
45 DCOE Weber, air horns,LCB header, glasspack muffler
Car was just rewired from scratch with fuse block inside the car for reliability
Winner’s Circle special oil pan with enlarged bottom and capacity
New Winners Circle positraction, 3.90 gears, panhard kit
Front disc brakes, 1275 crossflow radiator, front tilt bonnet
New high performance front and rear springs, 3/4 front sway bar, special
bushings
*Magnesium* 8 spoke 5x13” rims w/Hoosier 185x60x13 Street TD tires (R compound)
Crane electronic ignition, new Aldon distributor
Fuel cell, full roll bar with side and cross bracing, Monolita steering wheel
Factory Bugeye hardtop and side curtains

Spares:

2nd 1275 engine, one 948 engine (hurt), 2nd ribcase transmission, many other
pieces (cams, pistons, flywheels, alternator, starter, etc.)

I use this car for SCCA Solo 2 competition, and am doing very well with it.
Sadly, my wife has not ‘bonded’ with it, and is having trouble having fun with
this car. I have more fun when she has fun too (we share this hobby).

It’s time to move on to another car that she too will enjoy.

$5500 for *everything*. Turnkey, ready to go. Just the parts add up to almost
this much.

I am first posting this to the Spridget list since many here have been so
helpful as I improved and learned about this car. If no one is interested, I
will then post it locally and regionally.

E-mail or call for details I may have left out.

Scott Meyers
602-334-3813
602-334-3816 fax
--------------CE24EDD8A904CAA9C6C61FA1--