Re: Dashboard

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 19:24:07 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Mark,
> How would you apply a laminate to a padded dash?
>
> Jay Fishbein, CT
> AN-5
> HAN-6
> Innocenti-S
>
> On 02/05/99 18:57:38 you wrote:
> >
> >type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Gary,
> >> I have encountered this "fake wood paneling" only once in judging and was
>at a loss on whether or not to deduct. In my case the owner had an unmounted
>sample of the contact paper which clearly stated a production date on the back
>of the same year as the
> > car.
> >>
> >> Oh! What to do? Period dealer option, or not? Please help.
> >>
> >> :-) Sorry Gary, couldn't resist.
> >>
> >> Jay Fishbein, CT
> >> AN-5
> >> HAN-6

> >I have been playing with the idea of making a wood dash for my 73
> >Midget, but not the contact paper style, but by using a veneer to
> >laminate ontop of the current dash. Anyone got any experience trying
> >this?
> >
> >Mark Snowdon
> >Greensboro NC

Well I had wondered this myself. The dash is not really padded on the
front face is it? It looks like ABS Plastic, but I am sure it is not.
But it is hard so I wondered if it could be done. The other choice was
to cut up a spare dash and replace the front face with woo on the
drivers side and the black padding on the passengers side. For the top I
would use a replacement pad that Moss and VB sells. But so far I am just
in the thinking stage, and have not yet torn into my dash. That is a
project I hope to tackle this weekend.

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated...

Mark Snowdon
69 Sprite
71 & 73 Midgets