Re: Midget accident! DANG!

To: adrian@icx.net, amesfolks@snovalley.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget accident! DANG!
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 07:16:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
One of the things you can do that will really help you out is to find a
local autocross and go drive HARD there.  It will show you what happens
when things get wild and you will be better prepared for it when
something happens on the street.  Midgets are fun cars on an autocross
track.

Don't worry baout being fast.  That can take yearsa of autocrossing...at
least it does for me ...I am still not fast!

Ric
On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 20:57:33 -0500 "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
writes:
>Don't feel too bad.  My first car, at 16, was a Midget.  I bought it
>Wednesday,
>taking special care to note that I needed new tires.  On Sunday, I was
>coming
>home from work mad, it was raining (of course), and I hit a curve
>where mud had
>flowed down onto the road.  I started sliding, corrected and was
>heading for a
>bank, which meant I'd go up in the air and flip, so I corrected again
>and went
>flying off into a field (lower than the road).  Pretty scary.  Didn't
>do any
>major damage to car or occupant though.  Also didn't build a lot of
>faith in my
>driving (with my parents!).  Glad to hear you weren't hurt, and that
>the car
>survived!
>
>adrian
>
>Palmer Family wrote:
>
>> friday night I was involved in my first accident in my 4 months of
>driving.
>>  I had an unfortunate run in with a ditch, a soft ditch it was, but
>soft or
>> not, my right front wing is not exactly straight any more.  That
>wing and
>> the back of the bumper (the spring part, the chrome is fine) is the
>only
>> damage.  My friends dad pulled me out with his tractor.  I could
>have
>> backed out if my left rear tire was on the ground....
>>
>> The ditch was on the INSIDE of the corner,  I downshifted to 2nd
>around the
>> corner and didn't do my normally excellent job of matching speeds,
>it broke
>> loose and woosh, instant oversteer.
>>
>> I think i'm just going to take the fender off and take it to a body
>shop...
>> meanwhile, i'm grounded because my friends decided to show up at
>12:30 PM
>> and see the car and talk to me, needless to say my mom wasn't to
>happy....
>>  I'm sure there will be more to come later.
>>
>> signed,
>> BARRY PALMER (27/16=1.69)
>> amesfolks@snovalley.com
>> 72 MG Midget (Sparky)
>> http://members.xoom.com/mgboy
>
>--
>-----------------------------------
>J. Adrian Barnes
>adrian@icx.net
>
>http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
>http://www.ravineware.com

Richard L. Bergstrom, President, Central Virginia British Car Club,
Richmond, VA
 ~~http://www.centralvamg.com/   (Soon to be MASSIVELYupdated-not yet!)
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!  The MG club is no more.  We now are the Central VA
British
           Car Club and welcome all forms of automobile from the British
Isles.
 If you live within 100 miles of Richmond you should join us!   Email me
for INFO!