Rust spots on front fender

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust spots on front fender
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:25:37 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello list.
I began stripping my fenders to my 73 Midget tonight.  I used aircraft
stripper (auto body paint remover) with good results.  I found: paint,
primer, paint, primer, metal.  There's some bondo mixed in.

My question is:  There is some rust at the bottom rear of the fenders.
It's not rust through, though.  What should be done about that.  It's
only maybe 3 sq inches.  Also, there are holes (quarter sized) under the
headlights, at the lip of the fender (typical Spridget spot).  What is
the correct way to repair that?  It is visible from the backside, so I
don't really want to do anything that will look obvious from the back.
Should I weld in a patch or what?  Thanks.

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu