RE: rear seal

To: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>, "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: RE: rear seal
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:56:51 -0500
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,

I just went out in the rain and checked this out. There is some puffing out
of the oil filler hole in the valve cover. Nothing drastic, but it is
definately not sucking air in. How long do the rings take to seat
themselves? I've only put 50 miles on this engine so far, and the amount of
oil leaking out seems really out of hand.

I was told to not disturb the top half of the rear seal by a number of
pretty reliable sources, which is exactly what I did. When I bolted down
the crank mains this seal looked to be aligned and good. Why would so much
oil be coming out?

If I drill and tap the Weber manifold to add a PCV valve does it matter
which side of the U shaped manifold I do it to? It's either got to be on
the #1 - #2 side or the #3 - #4 side.

Thanks,

Robert