Re: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what size? 1st day of work on sprite...
From: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:51:19 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey, size matters...
The craftsman PRO (not the cheap ones) are beautiful wrenches, and
they are very long.  I figure anyone whose body is small enough to fit
into one of these tin cans probably is not a master of torque -- at
least I'm not.  The lenth of these wrenches is wonderful for little
anemic people like me.

Also, my life has been changed by the purchase of a HUGE "breakover
bar"... just a two foot (at least) bar with a 1/2" drive on the end
(from sears).  I've gotten things loose with that that my C-H impact
wrench wouldn't budge (and once again I'm not a big guy).

Justin Cook

---Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:

> I disagree on the no money spent on tools is wasted......
>
> in the beginning as a kid I couldn't afford Snap-On... but I didn't
buy
> junk either I bought Craftsman.... because they had the warranty and I
> couldn't afford to replace junk tools which broke everytime I picked
the
> damn things up...
>
> Life has gotten a bit better for me and yes I buy snap on now cause I
> can... can't say they are a better tool then Craftsman pro stuff..
but hey
> they are pretty and I like that... I still have a ton of Craftsman
that I
> put together over the years.. and I haunted pawn shops putting
together
> quality snap on tools in the beginning... been an avid tool
collector for
> some time... Steve byers has been to my little shop and seen the
collection
> so to speak.... it represents twenty years of " one tool at a time"
and
> always asking for sears gift certificates for birthdays and so on...
great
> stuff tools... one of my passions to go with working on cars..
>
> Keith Turk
> Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed
Racer