Re:Electric fans/Radiators

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Electric fans/Radiators
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 03:56:14 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
was said on the spridgets list:
*Behind the radiator is the best spot if you can fit it. That
way it does not block airflow at higher speeds where the fan is not
doing much anyway. It is also more efficient behind the radiator
according to all the fan manufacturers I have talked to and is the
reccomended position. All modern cars have the fan behind the radiator.
Regards,
Peter S.
*
The way it was explained to me was that you can move more air with a vacuum
than you can with pressure. (Im sure that was over-simplified) as the fan
pulling  from the back of the rad would draw more air THROUGH the rad and a
pusher on the front would be more likely to push air to the area of least
resistance instead of through the fins of the rad- around the sides of the
blade and out any gaps between the blade and the core.Pusher fans can be used
with a puller fan to increase the air flow. Thus putting the fan behind the
rad is "supposed" to be the more efficient way.

After all, you can pick up more dirt with a vacuum cleaner than blasting with
an air hose into a dust pan.
Er, something like that.
Gary
75 Midget (plural)