Re: Electric fans/Radiators

To: Ronsoave@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric fans/Radiators
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:10:23 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/26/99 9:15:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, Ronsoave@aol.com
writes:

<< In applications where a high powered electric fan is used (got one here
that
 is 27 kilowatts, for instance), the fan will be "behind" the component as a
 draw thru system because the heat of the fan motor will enter the airstream
 and heat up the component.  The 27 kW unit I mentioned adds 21 degrees to the
 airstream at its design point. >>

That sounds like an awfully big fan for an LBC.  My microwave oven draws 700W
(in the house, not the Midget), so that fan is like 38 microwave ovens!  It
must be for a Rolls or a big Jag, or maybe a Healey 3000.  Did you put in a
larger generator?  :-)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

p.s.  I realize that it isn't a fan in an LBC.  Or that you got a number mixed
up.  No need to 'splain it to me!  <BG>