Re: Engine Pulling

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <jurban@p3.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Pulling
From: Larry <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:13:17 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>In a message dated 25/2/1999  5:40:09PM,  jurban@p3.net writes:
>
><<  Can these studs take the weight?? >>
>
>Everyone says they can.  However, the first and only time I saw this done was
>when I was helping the garage pull my engine prior to a 5 speed conversion.
>
>Yes, thats right, the stud stripped.
>
>The guys at the garage had never seen it happen before but I guess there is a
>first time for everything and if there is going to be a second time it WON'T
>BE ON MY ENGINE COS I USE ROPE!!
>

>Daniel1312
Many moons ago I tried this with a good friend. it was on a Spit. We
pulled the head and unbolted (is that a word?) the tranny. Then we pulled
what was absically a short block from the engine bay. It was a bi#$@, but
it worked. Not sure if I would try it again, course the SOABDS had a
bonnet that opened from the fron and it was off.

Larry Macy
78 Midget