Oil Pressure Problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Problem
From: Matthew P Johnson <spriteguy@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:45:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow listers,
Last summer I had oil pressure problems which I wrote about to the list.
Many of you had good ideas of what to look for.  I thought it might be
helpful if I gave the list my findings.

Here was the scenario: It was a freshly rebuilt engine and had great oil
pressure for the first 500 miles.  Then it began to lose oil pressure at
idle, but was fine at higher rpm.  In fact sometimes the pressure was
erratic, fluctuating madly at a constant midrange rpm.

It turns out I the oil pick up tube was loose in the block.  I must have
only finger tightened it and then as time went by it began to loosen.

For those who responded, thanks for you help.

Matt